10 Days/ 09Nights
Kerala- Alleppey- Kumarakom- Munnar
Thekkady- Kovalam- Trivandrum
For many travellers, Kerala is South India’s most serenely beautiful state. This slender coastal strip is defined by its layered landscape: almost 600km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and beaches; a languid network of glistening backwaters; and the spice- and tea-covered hills of the Western Ghats, dotted with fiercely protected wildlife reserves and cool hill stations such as Munnar.
Just setting foot on this swathe of soul-soothing, palm-shaded green will slow your subcontinental stride to a blissed-out amble.
Kerala is a world away from the frenzy of the rest of India, its long, fascinating backstory illuminated by historically evocative cities like Kochi (Cochin) and Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum). Architectural marvels of first European settlements, most scenic and picturesque backwater, serene beaches, tea plantation and wild-life makes Kerala in South India, a perfect travel destination.
This travel will take you to Chinese Fishing Nets and Jew Town of Cochin, famous backwater and traditional rice boats cruising through the canals and lakes in Allepey and Kumarakom, Tea plantation on slopes of Munnar, wild-life and spice plantations in Periyar and pristine beaches of Kovalam. Rejuvenate yourself when you experience a traditional Ayurvedic massage at the land of Kerala where Ayurveda was originated.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary. We will be happy to customize a travel plan for your specific preferences and number of days available. Please feel free to write to us with your preferences and we will make a special programme exclusively for you.
- Enjoy every bite of Indian cuisine and demonstration of Indian cooking with a local family. Learn to cook the perfect curry at a cooking class.
- 24 x 07 IMT on Call support.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 01- Arrival in Cochin
Day 02- Explore Cochin | Colonial Fort Kochi.
Day 03 – Alleppey | Backwaters
Day 04- Kumarakom | Backwaters & Massage
Day 05- Munnar | Tea Plantation
Day 06 & 07- Thekkady | Wildlife
Day 08 & 09- Kovalam | Beach
Day 10- Trivandrum| Departure
- Explore Cochin
- After breakfast at hotel, spend the day in first European township in India-Fort Cochin.
- A walk through the streets on Fort Kochi will transport you to different time period of Arabs, Chinese and European who all occupied this.
- Visit Chinese Fishing Nets which were brought to Cochin by Chinese traveller Zheng 500 years before, these fishing nets are the most scenic and photographed during sun rise and sun set.
- Also visit Mattancherry Palace or Dutch Palace built and gifted by the Portuguese as a present to the king of Cochin around 1555 AD.
- St. Francis Church Or Church of Vasco-Da-Gama in Fort Kochi is another historical site and is one of the oldest European churches in India was built in 1503 AD. Great Portuguese explorer Vasco-da-gama was originally buried here before his remains were taken to Lisbon.
- Jewish Synagogue or Paradesi Synagogue in Cochin is an active synagogue of Jewish community in India. This Jewish synagogue built in 1568 AD in Jew Town of Cochin attracts numerous visitors.
- In evening enjoy Kathakali dance performance. Witness the process of make-up before the dance performance where-in the artist with face painted in different colours brought stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata to spectators.
- Overnight at hotel.
*Dutch palace and Synagogue will be closed on Friday and Saturday
- Cochin – Alleppey (60 kms/1.5 hr)
- After breakfast depart from the hotel and drive through the beautiful landscape to reach the paradise of backwaters, Alleppey to the board on an air-condition houseboat which is a modern transformation of traditional Kettuvalloms (rice boats).
- While the chef on-board cooks traditional Kerala food, cruise through various canals and observe the life in small villages on the shores of canals.
- Experience the daily lives of the locals from the decks of a houseboat. Pass women washing their clothes in the river and farmers bathing their buffalo; watch as fishermen and vegetable sellers go from house to house by boat selling their wares; pass villagers standing up to their necks in water gossiping with their neighbour. Enjoying famous backwater from an air-conditioned houseboat is a lifetime experience.
- Enjoy tasty local meals as the boat drifts along and watch as the sun sets over the ever-changing scenery before retiring to your cabin to be lulled to sleep by the gently lapping water (Overnight onboard House Boat) (Full board basis).
- Alleppey – Kumarakom (35km/1 hr)
- After breakfast, disembark from house boat and drive for an hour to Kumarakom, a small village in enchanting and beautiful destination in backwaters.
- Full day free to relax at your resort in backwater. Walk through the narrow canals or just take a fisherman boat to cruise through the canals amidst the massive coconut trees on the shores.
- Learn about butterflies from the in-house naturalist or just rejuvenate yourself with an authentic Ayurveda massage.
- In the evening, take a sunset cruise in Vembanad Lake,the biggest lake of Kerala.
- Kumarakom- Munnar (165 kms/4.5 hrs)
- After your breakfast, drive to Munnar, through the winding roads on the rolling hills with lush green tea plantation.
- Arrive Munnar and check-in at your hotel.
- Later in the afternoon, take a tea plantation tour to know all about tea. Also, visit a Tea Museum and Tea factory.
- Munnar- Thekkady (85 kms/ 2 hrs)
- After breakfast, spend the time in walking through the tea plantation.
- Later after lunch, drive to Thekkady. Cardamom Hills is home to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, a reserve on the Kerala/Tamil Nadu border which is surrounded by tea and spice plantations. Lush forest, with a vast lake at its heart, is home to many indigenous animals.
- Evening Visit Kalari show – The Shaolin monks have made their disciplined displays of Kung Fu world-famous, but few know that their art was learned from Bodhi Dharma, an Indian monk who was a Kalaripayattu master.
- Morning proceeds Boat safari for the chance to cruise the lake at the heart of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. From the tranquillity of the lake, enjoy the lush scenery all around you and keep a lookout for animals that may come down to the water’s edge – may be a family of elephants, scurrying Wild Boar or the magnificent Sambar Deer.
- Late afternoon visit spice plantations, the Cardamom Hills are the ideal location to explore a garden where spices and other aromatic plants are grown. Overnight in Thekkady
- Optional visit- Visit an elephant farm and know about the training and habits of elephants. Take an elephant ride through the villages and finally give a shower to an elephant.
- Thekkaddy- Kovalam Beach en-route visiting temples at Thiruvananthapur (225 Kms / 06 Hours)
- After breakfast at your hotel, drive to Kovalam beach with en-route visiting famous Padamanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapur (Trivendrum).
- This Hindu temple was originally built in 6th century AD and later beautified by various Kings of Princely state of Travancore. The temple is built in an intricate fusion of the indigenous Kerala style and the Dravidian architecture was recently in news across the world when Govt. of India tried to calculate the wealth kept in secret vaults of this temple. Only 5 vaults could be opened and found the wealth worth of USD 17 Billion with-out considering the cultural value of the artefacts found. While one main vault is still to be opened, the temple already has the status of the wealthiest temple in the world.
- Later drive to Kovalam( 30kms ) and check-in and overnight at hotel.
Want to Apply for India Visa ? Click here
- 09 nights’ accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking Chauffer.
- Services of English-speaking Tour Guides at Cochin.
- Entrances to monuments
- All meals in Houseboat in Alleppey
- Kathakali dance show tickets
- Guided Spice Planation tour
- Tea Plantation Tour
- Boat ride in Thekkady
- Kalari show in Thekkady
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Government Service tax.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
Date & Price Details
- Prices On Demand