14 Days/ 13 Nights
Nov 12th - Nov 25th 2021
Delhi - Mandawa – Jaipur – Jojawar –
Narlai - Ravla Khempur – Udaipur - Delhi
Hey equestrian! Ready to satiate your adrenaline rush for Equine Photography in India? Plan your tour with us and flaunt that candid picture with or on your favourite horse. Above all, experience the elegant moves, pure strength, fluffy and silky and tales and manes and a tender spirit. No wonder capturing the perfect picture is a challenge that requires some special skills. But, if you are somewhat inclined to Equine Photography, we are there to help you follow your passion.
India – the ‘Land of Kings’ provides an exciting opportunity to get clicked with high-breed horses. Not to forget stunning archies, beautiful havelis, luxurious palaces, mighty mountains and awe-inspiring lakes making for perfect backdrops. Apart from this Equine photography tours in India also give you a chance to pamper yourself by being immersed in luxury. Cherish a wonderful stay at royal palaces and heritage properties that once used to be lavish mansions of kings of a bygone era.
As royal as its name, Rajasthan beguiles visitors for a number of reasons. The state is home to Marwari horses is one such reason that tempts you to plan your equine photography trip in India. Flaunting uniquely curved ears, horses of this breed boasts off an interesting history that spans many centuries. When Marwari horses crossed with horses native to the Arabian region, we got this Marwari breed. They were then bred by the Rathores in the 1100s. There are innumerable distinctive qualities of these horses. These range from having a strong natural sense of direction to their ability to carry their riders back home even after getting lost in the desert. Add to it their excellent hearing skills that help to alert both rider and horse to potential danger.
- Unique Equine Photo tour of India focussed on Marwari Horses of Rajasthan– the land of historical forts and palaces.
- Perfect for first-timers and enthusiastic photographers of any skill level.
- Photograph high-quality breeds of Marwari Horses with different backdrops- stunning Archies, beautiful Havelis, luxurious palaces, mighty mountains and awe-inspiring lakes, foggy sunrise and sunset in the desert.
- Add an element of the vibrant culture of Rajasthan in your equine photography portfolio with men dressed in traditional dress and turbans and ladies in their veils.
- During the photo tour, you not only get unique photo opportunities, you will also experience the rich Indian culture and history. In short, this journey is an experience to never forget.
- Stay in heritage hotels and palaces.
- Spacious, Air-conditioned coaches for transfers and sightseeing, so there is ample space for camera bags & luggage and to maintain social distancing.
- N 95 masks, hand sanitisers and social distancing and other protective measures will be taken to fight Covid -19
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1: Arrival | Delhi, India
Day 2, 3 and 4: Mandawa | Havelis, Desert and Marwari Horses
Day 5 and 6: Jaipur | Forts and palaces
Day 7 and 8: Jojawar | Amazing landscapes and culture
Day 9 and 10: Narlai | Royal retreat, vibrant Rabari culture and Marwari Horses
Day 11: Ravla Khempur | Heritage and Marwari Horses
Day 12: Udaipur | Stay in a farmhouse with a stud farm.
Day 13: Udaipur | Leisure in the City of lakes
Day 14: Delhi | Departure
- Delhi- Mandawa (252 kms/ 6 hrs)
- Relish your breakfast where you can savour some of your first tastes of authentic Indian Cuisine.
- Later drive to Mandawa, a small town in Rajasthan known for its Havelis and mansion and Marwari horses. In the 18th century, merchants with substantial wealth built lavish, palatial mansions (Havelis) as a display of their success. The walls and facades of these Havelis are decorated with a colourful depiction of the region’s folktales, culture, history and social & religious themes. Today, it is these ancient and lavishly constructed Havelis and courtyards that attract visitors and tourist from across the globe.
- On arrival, transfer to your Hotel Castle Mandawa, a heritage hotel built in 1775 and still owned by the same family.
- In the evening, we will have a brief introduction about Marwari horses, their nature and the shoots we will be doing in Mandawa. Later enjoy a scrumptious dinner.
- Early morning photoshoot at different Havelis in Mandawa with horses and male module in traditional uniform.
- Enjoy your breakfast and we will further continue with more photoshoots of Marwari horses at Havelis with stunning arches, massive walls and facades with colourful paintings.
- In the afternoon, lunch and relax. Or you can visit the rural village of Mandawa.
- In the late afternoon, drive to the desert which is half hr drive from the Hotel. The sunset photoshoot schedule in the desert with 2 Marwari horses. Enjoy your High tea at a perfect sundowner.
- Transfer to your Hotel. Dinner and overnight in Delhi.
- Early morning photoshoot at Castle Mandawa with a depiction of the pomp and glory of the past. The Marwari horses with their sumptuous jewellery and master takes you to a bygone era. After breakfast, we will continue with more photoshoots at Castle.
- Lunch scheduled at the Stable. Then shoot the horses at the stable, further followed by another photoshoot at Desert resort, which is a perfect backdrop of rural India.
- In the late afternoon, photoshoots at an Oasis with 2 horses. This shoot will continue till late evening with professional lights Mandawa.
- Dinner at Desert Resort.
- Overnight in Castle.
- Jaipur- The Pink City.
- After breakfast, the tour will start with a photo stop at Hawa Mahal. Later visit Amber Fort.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Visit Jantar Mantar observatory.
- Late evening, a group discussion followed by dinner.
- Jaipur – Jojawar (290 kms/ 5.5 hrs)
- After breakfast, drive to Jojawar. Set amidst the Aravalli hills, this town was once a major principality of the Royal house of Marwar.
- Transfer to Kesar Bagh, once a hunting lodge of the royal family. A stay at Kesar Bagh is a throwback to the laid back and indulgent lifestyle of the bygone era. Adjacent to Kesar Bagh is the stud farm of the royalty with a collection of high breeds of Marwari Horses.
- Late evening shoots at Stud farm with Rabari men. Rabari tribe is an indigenous pastoral community of India and are known for their authentic dress and culture.
- Evening brief meeting with the royalty to discuss Marwari breed in detail followed by the dinner.
- Early morning shoot in the forest, with an awe-inspiring view of mountains and waterbody.
- Back to Hotel. After breakfast, go for a signature tour of the village of Jojawar in vintage cars. Visit the local market of Jojawar which is very popular shopping hub for nearby villages. Later we will take you to homesteads of these Rabaris, into farms, through pretty little hamlets where time seems to have stopped.
- Evening shoot at the fort with man module dressed in traditional dress and horses in their ethnic silver jewellery. You will have ample opportunities to use different elements of fort, arches and forest.
- Dinner at Hotel.
- Jojawar – Rawla Narlai (45 kms/1.5 hrs)
- After breakfast, continue your discovery of rural India, passing through the hamlet of Rawla Narlai. This village is the home of the fascinating Rabaris, and you will get ample chances of photographing this tribe with their herds of cows and sheep.
- Arrival at Rawla Narlai, a meticulously restored 17th-century royal retreat and one of Rajasthan’s best-loved heritage hotels. Set in a scenic part of the Aravalli Hills, it is an excellent place to discover rural India and leopard safaris.
- Evening visits the stud farm for a late evening shoot. This stud farm gives you an authentic feel of horses of cavalry grade. Tea and snacks at stud farm.
- Dinner at Hotel.
- Rawla Narlai
- Early morning drive of 45 minutes to reach the location. Photoshoot of Marwari horses at the rocky mountain with a beautiful lake. The rider will be in traditional attire with some villagers. You can also capture some riding shots as the master is an experienced and professional rider.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy the heritage and luxury property of Rawla Narlai.
- After lunch, another session of photoshoots at a small temple near a water body. After the shoot, get ready for an exclusive dinner at 1000 years old Stepwell. Dining under the starry sky overlooking the beautifully earthen pot lit stepwell is an experience beyond imagination. This dinner is laid out in a traditional manner and promises to remain an unmatched experience.
- Overnight in Hotel.
- Rawla Narlai- Ravla Khempur (100 kms/ 2.5 hrs)
- Morning at leisure. You can go for Leopard safari.(Optional- payment on direct basis)
- After breakfast, drive to Ravla Khempur. Ravla Khempur is an equestrian hotel which was originally the palace of a chieftain. It featured as the hotel in the 2012 famous film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
- Evening shoot of horses in a water body with their master riders.
- Late evening, a group discussion by the owner family followed by the dinner.
- Ravla Khempur- Udaipur (60 kms/ 1.5 hrs)
- Morning photo shoot at Ravla Khempur with the male module in traditional uniform.
- After breakfast, drive to Udaipur. Today you will be staying in a small farmhouse with a stud farm in the vicinity of Udaipur.
- Evening shoot of Marwari horses at the farmhouse with different backdrops of rural India.
- Late evening, enjoy the barbeque and dinner with a distant view of Marwari Horses.
- Morning session of photo shoot at a small island near lake. It’s a perfect natural oasis in Udaipur.
- After breakfast, drive to Udaipur. Visit City Palace and enjoy a boat ride at Lake Pichola. You can also visit the local markets.
- Check-in at your Hotel and enjoy your last day of the tour in a perfect cosy ambience. Dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Want to Apply for India Visa ? Click here
- Package Inclusions:
- 13 nights’ accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle.
- All meals included from dinner on Day 1 to lunch on Day 14.
- 14 different morning and evening sessions of the Marwari horse photoshoot- with and without their sumptuous jewellery and master, with male modules in their traditional uniform and beautiful backdrops in stunning locations.
- 02 – 03 Marwari Horses for 02 to 03 hours each day for morning and evening session with Male horse rider.
- Services of Photography Tour Escort/ Manager for the tour.
- Entrances fees and activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and local guides.
- Unlimited packaged drinking water in the coach.
- Government Service tax.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Medical or evacuation expenses in any emergency.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like roadblocks, political disturbances etc
- Optional excursions and anything not mentioned in the ‘Inclusions’ section.
- Tips for tour directors.
- Any expenditure of personal nature such as drinks, telephone charges, laundry etc.
- Any other services not mentioned.
Date & Price Details
- Group Size: 6-10 Guests Max
Cost: 4350 USD
Single Supplement: 975 USD