14 NIGHTS/15 DAYS
Arrival at Delhi
The capital of India is a bustling metropolis that successfully combines the ancient and the modern in its folds. Delhi can broadly be divided into two parts, Old Delhi and New Delhi. Old Delhi was the capital of Delhi’s Muslim rulers notably the Mughals between 17th & 19th centuries. New Delhi on the other hand is referred to as the Imperial city when the British decided to move their capital from Calcutta in 1911.
Upon arrival in Delhi, you will be received at the airport and transferred to the hotel. Overnight in Delhi.
Golden Triangle: Delhi
- visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort
- Explore the sparkling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices, but is also a very popular tourist destination.
- Visit Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi memorial and Drive pass India Gate and Govt Buildings (President’s house and Secretariat Houses)
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
- Overnight in the hotel.
Golden Triangle: Delhi-Agra (204 Kms)
This morning after breakfast-
- Drive to Agra, capital of the mighty Mughal Empire and currently home to some of the world’s top tourist sites.
- On arrival, check into your hotel.
- Afternoon, visit the Taj Mahal. Our guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best sites for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal is as fulfilling as possible.
- Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- Overnight at Hotel
Golden triangle tour: Agra– Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri (237 kms/ 5 hrs)
Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India.
- Drive to Jaipur. On the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri – known as the abandoned capital from the Mughal Empire.
- On arrival in Jaipur, check in the hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
Golden triangle tour- Jaipur- The Pink City.
- After breakfast, the tour will start with photo stop at Hawa Mahal.
- Enjoy an Elephant ride at Amber palace. Later visit Amber Fort.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Visit Jantar Mantar observatory.
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant while being entertained by local folk dancers.
- Overnight in Hotel.
Jaipur –Delhi (258 Kms) – Varanasi (Flight)
After breakfast, drive to Delhi. On arrival, you will be transferred to Delhi International Airport for flight to Varanasi. On arrival in Varanasi, transfer to Hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
Today early morning you experience the life of this ancient city. See the beauty of the rising sun on the Ganges Boat Ride. Experience the early morning rituals of the Hindus being performed, thousands of people taking a bath in the holy river believing they will be free from the circle of rebirth. It is interesting to see the pilgrims offering sweets, flowers and holy water to the Sun God.
After breakfast, proceed for city tour and take an excursion trip to Sarnath, 9 km from Varanasi, one of Buddhism’s major centers in India. In the evening walk through the oldest and most famous narrow and winding lanes of the city, past the endless human panorama – pilgrims, worshipers, sadhus, children selling flowers and floating lights to place in the river – to arrive at the ghats at the Ganges to witness the Aarti Ceremony which is part of the evening pooja or prayers. During the ceremony deepas (oil lamps) are offered to Mother Ganga with thanks and devotion for the light of the sun and for her divine light. As the aarti fire ceremonies take place, bells are rung and chanting and singing provide a fascinating, magical and spiritual conclusion to the day’s end. Overnight stay in the hotel.
VARANASI- BODHGAYA (APPROX. 243 KMS)
After breakfast, drive to Bodhgaya. It was here that Siddhartha meditated for 48 days under a “Bodhi tree” and was enlightened on the 49th day and became Buddha, the enlightened one!!!
On arrival in Bodhgaya, check in at the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, visit Mahabodhi temple with the tree, below which Buddha was enlightened, the footprints of Buddha & the monastery. Also visit Sujata village and Niranjana River.
Overnight at the hotel.
BODHGAYA- RAJGIR (80 KMS/02 HRS) – NALANDA (12 KMS/30 MIN)- PATNA (90 KMS/02 HRS)
After breakfast, drive to Rajgir or Rajagriha. It was the capital of Magadhan empire before Pataliputra occupied from 1800 BC. Visit Gridhkuta, the “Hill of Vultures”. It was one of Buddha’s favorite places where he delivered many important sermons. Also visit Saptaparni Cave on Vaibhara Hill. The first Buddhist council was held here and Buddha’s teachings were written down for the first time. Visit Vishwa Shanti Stupa & Venuvana, the bamboo grove where Buddha spent some time.
Later, drive to Nalanda, a great Buddhist centre for more than 1000 years until the monastery, school and library were sacked and burnt by Muslims. The Chinese scholar Hiuen Tsan stayed here for 5 years in the early 7th cent. AD. There were 10.000 monks and students in residence. The remains are still extensive and include the “Great Stupa” with steps, terraces and a few still intact stupas around it. Visit Archaeological Complex and Museum.
Later continue your drive to Patna. On arrival in Patna, check in at the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
PATNA-VAISHALI (30 KMS/01 HR) – KUSHINAGAR (230 KMS/06 HRS)
After early breakfast, drive to Kushinagar. Enroute visit Vaishali. Vaishali is an important destination in the Buddhist circuit because this is where Buddha announced his approaching Nirvana (salvation) to his disciples. Emperor Ashoka erected a lion pillar here to mark this event and it stands till today. Visit Buddha Stupas, Ashoka Pillar and Bawan Pokhar Temple.
Later continue your drive to Khushinagar– a small wooded town. It was here Lord Buddha ended his earthly journey passed into Mahaparinirvana.
On arrival in Kushinagar, check in at the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
KHUSHINAGAR- LUMBINI (APPROX. 170 KMS)
After breakfast visit Mahaparinirvana Temple and cental Stupa- believed to have been built to preserve the relics of Buddha and monasteries.
Drive to Lumbini. Prince Siddhartha was born here in about BC 563.
Lumbini – a place in the South-Western Terai of Nepal, evokes a kind of holy sentiment to the millions of Buddhists all over the world-as do the Jerusalem to Christians and Mecca to Muslims. Lumbini is the place Lord Buddha – the apostle of peace and the light of Asia, was born in 623 B. C. On arrival, check in at the Hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
LUMBINI- GORAKHPUR (APPROX. 120 KMS)- OVERNIGHT TRAIN TO DELHI
After breakfast, visit Sacred Garden, a small complex lying at the southern end of Lumbini. It marks the place where the Buddha is reputed to have been born and contains all of the area’s important historical monuments and archaeological finds. You will visit Maya Devi Mandir, believed to date as far as the 3rd or 4th century BC. Peepul tree, under which Maya Devi is believed to give birth, Ashokan Pillar and Pushkarni.
Later drive to Gorakhpur. Board overnight train to New Delhi. Overnight in train.
Arrival at New Delhi. Transfer to International Airport to board flight for onward journey.
End of the Services
Want to Apply for India Visa ? Click here
• 12 nights accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Daily breakfast.
• All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Services of local English guide (or Tour manager for Groups) for the sightseeing.
- Rickshaw ride in Delhi.
- Elephant ride in Jaipur.
- Demonstration of Marble craftsmanship in Agra.
- Demonstration of Carpet weaving and block printing in Jaipur.
- Overnight Train from Gorakhpur to New Delhi in 2 tier AC Coach.
- Service tax.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Tips & Gratitude
- Entry fees to the monuments/anywhere if not mentioned
Trending from India
Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour Packages
- India Golden Triangle Tour packages
- Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour in 3 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 4 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 5 days
- Golden Triangle Tours with Tigers
- Golden Triangle Tours with wildlife
- Golden Triangle Tours with Varanasi
- Golden Triangle Tours with Udaipur
- Golden Triangle Tours with Nepal
- Golden Triangle Tours with Yoga
- Golden Triangle Tours with Rishikesh