06 Days/ 05Nights
For many travellers, Kerala is South India's most serenely beautiful state. Nestled between the pristine waters of the Arabian Sea on the west and the lush Western Ghat Mountains on the east, its intense network of rivers and lagoons, thick forests and the spice- and tea-covered hills, exotic wildlife, a languid network of glistening emerald backwaters and a long shoreline of serene beaches make it a traveller's paradise. God's own country! Paradise!!! The rich cultural heritage, the dance form and the essence of music are so impressive that the tourist will be spell bound by these magic features of Kerala.
This Kerala Tour will take you to architectural marvels of first European settlements, Chinese Fishing Nets and Jew Town of Cochin, famous backwater and traditional rice boats cruising through the canals and lakes in Alleppey and wild-life and spice plantations in Periyar. Rejuvenate yourself when you experience a traditional Ayurvedic massage at the land of Kerala where Ayurveda was originated.
- Enjoy every bite of Indian cuisine and demonstration of Indian cooking with a local family. Learn to cook the perfect curry at a cooking class.
- 24 x 07 IMT on Call support.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 01- Arrival in Cochin
Day 02- Explore Cochin | Colonial Fort Kochi.
Day 03 & 04 Thekkady | Wildlife
Day 05 – Alleppey | Backwaters
Day 06- Cochin | Departure
- After breakfast at hotel, spend the day in first European township in India-Fort Cochin.
- A walk through the streets on Fort Kochi will transport you to different time period of Arabs, Chinese and European who all occupied this.
- Visit Chinese Fishing Nets. These fishing nets are the most scenic and photographed during sun rise and sun set.
- Also visit Mattancherry Palace or Dutch Palace and St. Francis Church. Also known as Church of Vasco-Da-Gama as Great Portuguese explorer Vasco-da-gama was originally buried here before his remains were taken to Lisbon.
- Later visit Jewish Synagogue or Paradesi Synagogue which is an active synagogue of Jewish community in India.
- In evening enjoy Kathakali dance performance. Witness the process of make-up before the dance performance where-in the artist with face painted in different colours brought stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata to spectators.
- Overnight at hotel.
*Dutch palace and Synagogue will be closed on Friday and Saturday
- Cochin-Thekkady (165km/4.5 hr)
- After breakfast, drive to Thekkady. Cardamom Hills is home to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, a reserve on the Kerala/Tamil Nadu border which is surrounded by tea and spice plantations. Lush forest, with a vast lake at its heart, is home to many indigenous animals.
- Evening Visit Kalari show – The Shaolin monks have made their disciplined displays of Kung Fu world famous, but few know that their art was learned from Bodhi Dharma, an Indian monk who was a Kalaripayattu master.
- Overnight in Thekkady.
- Morning proceed Boat safari for the chance to cruise the lake at the heart of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. From the tranquility of the lake, enjoy the lush scenery all around you and keep a look out for animals that may come down to the water’s edge – maybe a family of elephants, scurrying Wild Boar or the magnificent Sambar Deer.
- Late afternoon visit spice plantations, the Cardamom Hills are the ideal location to explore a garden where spices and other aromatic plants are grown. Overnight in Thekkady
- Optional visit- Visit an elephant farm and know about the training and habits of elephants. Take an elephant ride through the villages and finally give a shower to elephant.
- Overnight at Hotel.
Thekkady- Alleppey (165 kms/4.5 hrs)
- After breakfast depart from the hotel and drive through the beautiful landscape to reach the paradise of backwaters, Alleppey to board on an air-conditioned houseboat which is a modern transformation of traditional Kettuvalloms (rice boats).
- While the chef on-board cooks traditional Kerala food, cruise through various canals and observe the life in small villages on the shores of canals.
- Experience the daily lives of the locals from the decks of a houseboat. Pass women washing their clothes in the river and farmers bathing their buffalo; watch as fishermen and vegetable sellers go from house to house by boat selling their wares; pass villagers standing up to their necks in water gossiping with their neighbour. Enjoying famous backwater from an air-conditioned houseboat is a lifetime experience
- Enjoy tasty local meals as the boat drifts along and watch as the sun sets over the ever-changing scenery before retiring to your cabin to be lulled to sleep by the gently lapping water (Overnight onboard House Boat) (Full board basis)
Want to Apply for India Visa ? Click here
- 5 nights’ accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking chauffer.
- All meals in Houseboat in Alleppey
- Kathakali dance show tickets
- Guided Spice Planation tour
- Boat ride in Thekkady
- Kalari show in Thekkady
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Government Service tax.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
Date & Price Details
- Prices On Demand