Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour
13 Days / 12 Nights – India
October 28 – November 09, 2019
Delhi – Agra – Jaipur – Pushkar – Jodhpur – Delhi
" This Pushkar Camel fair photography tour will take you to Pushkar and capture the full essence of the life and soul of the Camel Fair and culture of India. A Pushkar Camel Fair photography tour 2019, includes a visit to the Taj Mahal at sunrise, Pink city Jaipur, and Blue city Jodhpur. With Camel fair, visit the incredible cities of Delhi, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. This Pushkar Camel fair Photo tour will be lead by Harsh Agarwal or Arti Agarwal. You can see some of their personal work on his page. www.harshtravelphotography.com "
" Mind-boggling photo opportunities await as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground "
There will be herds of camel and a couple hundred thousand people: turbanned men, bejewelled and extravagantly draped women, kids, camels, goats and cattle, all heading in and settling in where the action is.
You will be lost in a dusty, hazy world of makeshift camps, wandering camels, charging Marwari horses, stalls selling decorations and embellishments for the livestock on sale, and animals greedily gulping water from the watering-troughs.
The most common scenes from Mela ground will be; the backlit camels and hanging dust at sundown, the amazing colours, clothes, canopies and tattoo, the proud, handsome faces of the Marwari men and the flashing, dancing eyes of the women with their nose-rings and jewelled scarves. The night shots of spinning Ferris wheels and the lake's edges picked out from the darkness with a million tiny tea-lights. "
" From Delhi to Agra, Jaipur, Pushkar and Jodhpur, this itinerary is designed for photographers, maximizing the photo opportunities and presenting chances to photograph the real India and its culture that you can’t get anywhere else. "
- 13 days journey through mysterious and incredible India.
- Photo opportunities at Pushkar Camel Fair
- Visit Old Delhi and Spice market.
- Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort
- Experience Indian culture and unique Indian festival
- Explore Blue city of Jodhpur and Mehrangarh Fort
Pushkar Camel fair photography tour: Arrival at Delhi
- Arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Transfer to your Hotel. Check-in and stay overnight in Delhi.
Pushkar Camel fair photography tour: DELHI- AGRA (204 KMS/3.5 HRS)
- This morning after breakfast you will drive to Agra. On arrival check-in, at Hotel.
- In the evening, you will visit the Tomb of Itmad-Ud-daula, also known as Baby Taj. Later we will visit Mehtab Bagh as well, the famous garden overseeing the Taj Mahal on the banks of the River Yamuna.
- You will get an opportunity to buy or hire a beautiful traditional dress to make your visit to Taj Mahal more memorable. You can choose to get professional Photo shoot at Taj Mahal. You can check our blog on Tips for Photoshoot at Taj Mahal. Back to Hotel early to be prepared for next day.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Explore Agra
- Today you will rise early for Taj Mahal visit at sunrise. Our photography guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best spots for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal at sunrise is as fulfilling as possible.
- After Taj Mahal we will come back Hotel for breakfast. Later you will visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. After the Agra fort, you can Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- In the evening, we will shoot Taj Mahal at sunset from a less explored vantage point. Back to Hotel. Overnight in Agra.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Agra- Jaipur (24o Kms/5 hrs)
- Before leaving for Jaipur, you can experience a boat ride in the river Yamuna. The finest ways to get the splendid view of Taj Mahal at sunrise.
- After breakfast, you will drive to Jaipur.
- On the way, you will stop to visit Fatehpur Sikri – known as the abandoned capital from the Mughal Empire.
- Later also visit Abhaneri. This stepwell is regarded as one of the deepest and largest step wells in India.
BOAT TOUR: Please note that this Boat ride totally depends upon the water level at the river, subject to availability, weather conditions, securities rule etc. on that particular day. If Boat ride is not possible the enjoy sunrise from Mehtab Bagh.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Jaipur
- The tour will start after breakfast. Your 1st stop will be Hawa Mahal for photo stop only. Later Enjoy an Elephant ride at Amber palace and visit Amber Fort. Our guide will make sure that you capture photos from different stops and angles. Play with your creative skills with palaces as backdrops and local people in their traditional dresses as elements.
- After lunch, we will visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- In the same complex at walking distance, we will visit Jantar Mantar. This UNESCO World Heritage site will amaze you for its several astronomical and astrological tools used by researchers of ancient India.
- You can experience the carpet weaving, the block printing demonstration and the Turban wearing which plays a vital role in the Rajasthani life.
- In the evening you can enjoy a warm session of Hi-Tea at Café “The Tattoo” opposite to the Hawa Mahal. You can conclude the evening by taking beautiful pictures of the Hawa Mahal in its full glory. Overnight in Hotel.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Jaipur –Pushkar (140 Kms/ 3.5 hrs)
- On this day, of Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour, you will visit the famous Milk Market. In the morning the market is always buzzing with milk sellers, dressed in their traditional attires – white dhotis and kurtas offering the purest milk products available anywhere!
- After visiting Milk market Continue your drive to Pushkar, a sacred city for Hindus. This city is Surrounded by hills on three sides and sand dunes on the fourth, Pushkar forms a fascinating location and a befitting backdrop for the annual religious and camel fair.
- Upon arrival, we will check into our Swiss tents. We’ll have three days to revel in the amazing spectacle called Pushkar. Thousands of camels, horses and cattle, along with with their owners, camp in the sand dunes. The trade goes on day and night and brisk deals are made animals exchanged. It is a gathering of men with large colourful turbans, women wrapped in exquisite jewellery from head to toe, and children dressed in stunning, traditional attire.
- In evening before dinner, enjoy the performance from Kalbelia gipsies. Overnight in camps.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Pushkar
- On the 1st day in Pushkar for Pushkar camel fair, you will visit the fairground pretty early. Photo opportunities await, as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground. All in all, it makes for a photographer’s delight. Later you will return to camp for breakfast and rest.
- After lunch, you will proceed to fairground again. During this time, you will also visit the Brahma temple as well as Pushkar Lake where thousands of people bath and worship every day. It gives us the opportunity to capture portraits of villagers in their traditional dresses. If you have not checked then check our blog on Pushkar.
- Overnight in the camp.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Pushkar Day II
- Some more photo opportunities waiting for you in the fairground. You can capture portraits of tribal people and herds of camels gulping water from the temporary water sources. Full day exploration at the fairground.
- If you have not checked, then check our blogs on various aspects of Pushkar camel fair, especially for Photography.
- Overnight at Camp.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Pushkar- Jodhpur (185 Kms/ 4.5 hrs)
- This is a final day to visit Fairground. Later, you will drive to Jodhpur.
- The drive is fascinating, as you will spot hordes of local women baking dung paddies, drawing water from wells and carrying water pots. Spot women and men dressed in colourful sarees and turbans respectively working in fields hand in hand.
- On arrival, check-in Hotel. Enjoy a relaxed day in Jodhpur.
- After taking a rest in the hotel, you can enjoy an evening walk around the old city. A leisurely stroll around the beautiful Blue City is the best way to explore Jodhpur’s ancient culture and traditions. You will witness Local women selling essential home items in shacks and stalls.
- Overnight in Hotel.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Explore Jodhpur
- Sunrise walking tour to a nearby hill to capture the view of Mehrangarh Fort and old city of Jodhpur. Later return to the Hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast, you will visit Mehrangarh Fort, one of the grandest forts in India and Jaswant Thada, the royal cenotaph of Rajasthan.
- In the evening, you will walk around the Clock Tower market to capture the daily life of local people. The photography guide will take you deep into the laneways and homes of Jodhpur with its maze of brightly painted blue homes. The play of light in the passageways, the exotic architecture, colourful local dress and dramatic backdrop of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort provide an abundance of photographic opportunities.
- Later Enjoy the sunset view of Mehrangarh fort from the rooftop restaurant of the hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Jodhpur- Delhi(Flight)
- This morning, after breakfast transfer to the airport and connect flight to Delhi. Day at leisure.
- If time permits then make a short visit to a Sikh Temple, known as Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in evening. You can watch (and join if you like) the langar, the voluntary group cooking and feeding program at the Gurudwara.
- Overnight in Hotel.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Explore Delhi
- After breakfast, visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort.
- Explore the bustling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk-in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices but is also a very popular tourist destination. To watch how spices of different colours, aroma and flavours are loaded by rusty hands, carried and unloaded – is a magical marvel in itself.
- Visit Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi memorial and Drive pass India Gate and Govt Buildings (President’s house and Secretariat Houses)
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour: Departure
- After breakfast, transfer to International Airport and connect flight for onward journey.
GROUP SIZE – 4-12 participants
Price per person – 1475 USD
Single Room supplement – 975 US
- 12 Nights’ accommodation at listed hotels or similar on double sharing basis.
- All meals (B L D)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle during the tour
- All activities and visits specified in the itinerary
- Flight from Udaipur to Varanasi via Delhi and Varanasi to Delhi
- Elephant ride in Jaipur
- Only at Pushkar Fair: Tented Camp. Swiss tents with private attached toilets with running cold water. Hot water will be provided in the morning and evening. There will be proper beds as well as electricity in each tent
- English speaking Photography Guide cum Tour Escort
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Government Service Tax
- International Airfares
- Meals not mentioned as being included
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
|Delhi||Pride Plaza Aerocity/ Smilar|
|Pushkar||Deluxe Swiss Tents/ Similar|
|Jodhpur||Indana Palace/ Similar|
|Delhi||Metropolitan Hotel and Spa/ Similar|
Trending from India
Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour Packages
- India Golden Triangle Tour packages
- Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour in 3 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 4 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 5 days
- Golden Triangle Tours with Tigers
- Golden Triangle Tours with wildlife
- Golden Triangle Tours with Varanasi
- Golden Triangle Tours with Udaipur
- Golden Triangle Tours with Nepal
- Golden Triangle Tours with Yoga
- Golden Triangle Tours with Rishikesh