Rajasthan & Holi Photo Tour
15 Days/14 Nights
Feb 21st – March 06, 2020
Delhi – Agra – Jaipur – Pushkar – Jodhpur –
Jaisalmer - Delhi- Vrindavan Barsana- Delhi
" From Delhi to Agra, Jaipur, Pushkar and Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barsana and Nandgaon this itinerary is designed for photographers, maximizing the photo opportunities and presenting chances to photograph the real India and its culture that you can’t get anywhere else. "
- Explore and capture interesting sights of India that is missed by most tourists.
- This is a custom designed photo tour, by a photographer, for photography enthusiasts.
- In Old Delhi, discover and take pictures of the century’s old markets, houses and people who live and work there. Visit the Asia’s largest wholesale spice market.
- Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise. Capture different moods of Taj Mahal from some lesser known vantage points at different times of day.
- Explore the Pink City of Jaipur and take capture pictures of colourful and vibrant markets.
- It’s a perfect blend of luxury and photography tour. Staying in luxury hotels and heritage hotels, long walks, travelling in tuktuks in narrowest streets of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, etc, sipping masala chai in earthen pots, enjoying every bite of Indian cuisine etc.
- Witness the sunset in the heart of Thar Desert in Jaisalmer. Enjoy camel safari and use your creative skills for capturing pictures of camels and local people. Play with light and shadow and create some beautiful memories.
- 3 days in Vrindavan and capture world’s famous Holi festival.
- Rajasthan and Holi Photo Tour: ARRIVAL AT DELHI
- Arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Breakfast at 5 star Hotel.
- After breakfast, visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort.
- Explore the bustling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices, but is also a very popular tourist destination. To watch how spices of different colours, aroma and flavours are loaded by rusty hands, carried and unloaded – is a magical marvel in itself.
- Drives pass Govt building (Indian Gate & President’s house).
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
- In evening, a short visit to a Sikh Temple, known as Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. You can watch (and join if you like) the langar, the voluntary group cooking and feeding program at the Gurudwara.
- Overnight in Hotel.
- DELHI- AGRA (204 KMS/3.5 HRS)
- Early morning visit of “Nigam bodh Ghat” followed by Humayun’s tomb (Optional)
- Return to hotel for breakfast ( Most of the hotels serve breakfast from 7 am-10:30 am)
- Later drive to Agra. On arrival, check-in Hotel
- In evening, visit Mehtab Bagh, the famous garden overseeing the Taj Mahal located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- Evening at leisure. You will get an opportunity to buy or hire beautiful traditional dress to make your visit to Taj mahal more memorable. Back to Hotel early to be prepared for next day.
- Explore Agra
- Sunrise to visit the Taj Mahal. Our photography guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best sites for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal is as fulfilling as possible.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- Afternoon in leisure. (Projector and screen can be arranged for briefing)
- In evening, we will shoot sunset and Taj mahal from a less explored vantage point. Back to Hotel. Overnight in Agra.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
Holi Photo Tour
- Agra- Jaipur
- After breakfast, drive to Jaipur
- On the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri – known as the abandoned capital from the Mughal Empire.
- Later visit Abhaneri. This stepwell is regarded as one of deepest and largest step wells in India. Visit the village around this stepwell. Visit a Potter’s house to see the centuries old Indian traditional pottery making.
- In the evening ( Before Sunset), a warm session of Hi-Tea at one of the cafés opposite to the Hawa Mahal offers a great way to conclude the evening taking pictures of the Hawa Mahal in its full glory.
- On arrival, check-in and overnight in Hotel.
- Explore Jaipur
- After breakfast, the tour will start with photoshoot at Step well (Panna Meena Kund).
- Later visit Amber Fort. Our photography guide will make sure that you capture photos from different stops and angles. Play with your creative skills with palaces as backdrops and local people in their traditional attires as elements.
- Visit Jal mahal, the water palace.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Later visit Jantar Mantar. This UNESCO World heritage site will amaze visitors for its several astronomical and astrological tools used by researchers of ancient India.
- You can experience the carpet weaving, the block printing demonstration and the Turban wearing which plays a vital role in the Rajasthani life.
- Visit to elephant Village (Optional)
- Overnight at the hotel.
Holi Photography Tour
- Jaipur –Pushkar (140 kms/ 3.5 hours)
- On this day, after early breakfast, visit the famous Milk Market. In the morning the market is almost always buzzing with milk sellers, dressed in their traditional attires – white dhotis and kurtas offering the purest milk products available anywhere!
- Check in to the hotel.
- Enjoy a walking tour of the holy city of the God, Brahma, visit the holy Pushkar Lake and the famous Brahma Temple dedicated to Lord Brahma the creator of the universe.
- You can experience a special Pooja ceremony at a Ghat with a Hindu priest on the banks of Pushkar Lake. Overnight in Hotel.
- This city comes alive during the Pushkar Camel fair. Do check our blog on Pushkar Camel fair Photography tour and tips.
- Day 07: Pushkar –Jodhpur (335 kms/ 6 hours)
- The drive is fascinating, as you will spot hordes of local women baking dung paddies, drawing water from wells and carrying water pots. Spot women and men dressed in colourful sarees and turbans respectively working in fields hand in hand.
- On arrival, check-in Hotel.
- After taking rest in the hotel, enjoy an evening walk around the old city. A leisurely stroll around the beautiful Blue City is the best way to explore Jodhpur’s ancient culture and traditions. You will witness Local women selling essential home items in shacks and stalls. Overnight in Hotel.
Holi Photography Tour
- Explore Jodhpur
- Sunrise walking tour to nearby hill to capture the view of Mehrangarh Fort and old city of Jodhpur. Return to Hotel.
- After breakfast, visit Cloth dyers known as ‘Rangrez’ of Jodhpur. This place is renowned for Tie-Dye or Bandhej, a prevalent conventional craft of Rajasthan. Feel free to see this colour dying process to give unique designs to dresses, most of which are done by the women of Jodhpur.
- After lunch visit Mehrangarh Fort, one of the grandest forts in India and Jaswant Thada, the royal cenotaph.
- In evening, walk around Clock Tower market to capture daily life of local people. The photography guide will take you deep into the laneways and homes of Jodhpur with its maze of brightly painted blue homes. The play of light in the passage ways, the exotic architecture, colourful local dress and dramatic backdrop of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort provide an abundance of photographic opportunities.
- Enjoy the sunset view of Mehrangarh fort from the roof top restaurant of the hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
- Jodhpur- Jaisalmer (285 kms/ 6 hrs)
- After breakfast, drive to Jaisalmer. Today accommodation will be a swiss tent in mid of Sam Sand dunes.
- In the villages, we found the women in red carrying multiple tiers of pots from the village well to their houses.
- On arrival in Jaisalmer in Sam sand dunes, check-in at Hotel.
- Witnessing the sunset in the sand dunes in the heart of the Thar Desert is a surreal experience that cannot be missed. Before returning back to the hotel for the night, taking the camel safari to explore the sincere life and pleasures of the desert is a must.
- Planned shoot with women and men in traditional dresses with camels can be planned at sunset.
- Enjoy the traditional tribal kalbeliya dance with dinner. Overnight in Hotel.
Holi Photography Tour
- Explore Jaisalmer
- After breakfast and check-out, visit some tribal villages. Traditional mud and thatched roof houses, local people doing their daily activities are some of the highlights of unexplored India.
- Later drive to Jaisalmer city. Check-in at the hotel.
- Explore the busy markets of Hanuman chowk. Locals can be found in their traditional attires haggling hard with local vendors and vegetable carts.
- Take a walking tour in the alleyways of the grand Jaisalmer Fort, one of the largest and perhaps the only living forts of the world. This region is inhabited by 2000 welcoming families, with almost all of them sharing their roots for centuries. You will be surprised to see the invitation cards of marriages/ auspicious celebrations painted on the walls of the houses.
- Visit some centuries old havelis (houses) and Jain temples. The havelis are famous for their architecture, beautiful balconies, archways and gateways. Hawkers and vendors displaying the beautiful puppets and colourful turbans and veils, letting the colours of Jaisalmer come alive in contrast to the sandy hues that dominate most of the town.
- Enjoy your dinner in a roof top café inside Jaisalmer Fort. Overnight in Hotel.
Holi Photography Tour
- Jaisalmer- Delhi- Vrindavan
- Sunrise visit to beautiful Gadsisar Lake. Gadsisar lake is enclosed by attractively carved Chhatris, Shrines and monuments.
- After breakfast, transfer to airport to connect flight to Delhi.
- On arrival in Delhi, drive to Vrindavan. En-route stop for lunch.
- On arrival check in at hotel.
- In Evening, a session and talk on Holi Festival. This will include covering of Cameras to protect from water and colors.
- Complimentary Pair of Kurta & Pujama ( Indian white Traditional dress for holi)
- Vrindavan – Barsana – Vrindavan (42 kms/1 hr)
After breakfast, a short drive to village Barsana. Dress Accordingly. On this day we will visit Barsana just for scouting the lanes for actual day. We will fix the meeting place and other course of action required.
In evening drive back to Hotel. Overnight in Hotel
Holi Photography Tour
- Vrindavan – Barsana – Vrindavan (42 kms/1 hr)
- The first in this is a rather peculiar style of Holi celebrations where women chase men and beat them up with Lathis (sticks), and it’s called Lathmar Holi.
- There are two towns which celebrate this festival with zest and these are Barsana and Nandgaon.
This is how the story behind the festival goes. Lord Krishna visited Barsana to meet Radha for Holi and teased her and her friends a lot. The ladies got a little offended and decided to teach Krishna a lesson and chased him away by beating him with sticks. So now men from Krishna’s village Nandgaon visit Barsana on this day and get beaten up and chased by the women here.
- Vrindavan – Nandagaon – Vrindavan (55 kms/1 hr)
After breakfast, drive to Nandagaon. Gathering takes place at Nandagaon temple. Full day shoot.
Drive back to Hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
- Vrindavan- Delhi
After breakfast, drive to Delhi. Departure at Delhi Airport.
End of services
Price Per Person Pax 4-10
Hotels 4/5 Star
Single supplement $710
Flights - $150
- Prices are in USD, Per Person, based on double occupancy.
- Flights supplements depend on time of booking.
- 5% GST Extra.
- Includes All monuments mentioned in Itinerary.
- Includes, Tips for potters and miscellaneous expense during shoot.
Note- Except Delhi, Agra and Jaipur in other cities we have provided 4 star hotels. In these towns,
3 star properties are not very comfortable. We can make tour more economical by using lower
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 14 Nights’ accommodation.
- All meals
- Private air-conditioned vehicle during the tour.
- English speaking Photography Guide cum Tour Escort.
- All activities and visits specified in the itinerary.
- Welcome dinner in Delhi.
- Rickshaw ride in Delhi
- Elephant ride in Jaipur
- Dinner with traditional cultural dance in Jaipur
- Camel ride in Jaisalmer
- Only at Sam Jaisalmer: Tented Camp. Swiss tents with private attached toilets with running cold water. Hot water will be provided in the morning and evening. There will be proper beds as well as electricity in each tent
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Government Service Tax
TOUR PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares
- Meals not mentioned as being included
- Flight from Jaisalmer to Delhi.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
|5/4 Star||4/3 Star|
|Delhi||Jaypee Siddhartha/ Similar
|Agra||Crystal Sarovar/ Similar
|Atulya Taj / Similar
|Welcome Heritage traditional haweli/ Similar
|Pushkar||Jagat Palace/ Similar
|Jagat Palace/ Similar
|Jodhpur||Pal haveli/ Similar
|Pal haveli/ Similar
|Jaisalmer Sam Sand dunes||Deluxe Swiss Tents/ Similar
|Deluxe Swiss Tents/ Similar
|Jaisalmer||Nachana Haveli/ Similar
|Nachana Haveli/ Similar
|Vrindavan||Kadam kunj/ Similar
Trending from India
Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour Packages
- India Golden Triangle Tour packages
- Golden Triangle Tour India
- Golden Triangle Tour in 3 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 4 days
- Golden Triangle Tours in 5 days
- Golden Triangle Tours with Tigers
- Golden Triangle Tours with wildlife
- Golden Triangle Tours with Varanasi
- Golden Triangle Tours with Udaipur
- Golden Triangle Tours with Nepal
- Golden Triangle Tours with Yoga
- Golden Triangle Tours with Rishikesh