Taj, Tigers & Temple
16 Days/ 15 Nights
India is home to some of the world’s most fascinating architecture, reflecting its rich culture and many faiths. Explore its multitude of temples in Varanasi, forts and palaces of Jaipur, the world-famous Taj Mahal, and get under the skin of the fascinating cities of Delhi and Varanasi. You’ll also go in search of majestic tigers in Bandhavgarh, a jewel of a national park that has what is believed to be the highest density of Bengal tigers in the country. To make your trip as relaxing as possible, you will be accompanied the whole way by your very own expert guide and assisted with all your transfers, check- ins and flights.
Your India discovery tour starting right from Delhi is guaranteed to shower our travellers with some of the most authentic Indian experience. This tour starts from bustling Delhi where you explore old lanes of Mughal Capital to colonial buildings and Government buildings in New Delhi. From Delhi, you will fly to Varanasi to capture the real essence of this holy city. We make sure that our guests get to fully experience the city’s magic by going on walking tours of the Ghats and old city, visiting Sarnath and witnessing the ceremony of evening Ganga Aarti.
From Varanasi a short flight will take you to Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. Rajasthan, land of Rajputs and Maharajas is an epic photo adventure to royal palaces, magnificent forts, street markets and daily life of local people. Explore the forts, palaces and local markets of Jaipur.
From Jaipur, we will drive to Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. The Old Fort at this Tiger Reserve and the water holes are some of the best places for the wild life photographers and specially tiger photography. This impressive reserve is a destination for photographers and nature lovers who find the stunning backdrop of this once private hunting grounds ideal for snapping photos or searching for indigenous wildlife.
The next destination of this Tour is Agra and the Taj Mahal, the world’s greatest symbol of love. You’ll capture the beautiful and tranquil Taj Mahal at both sunrise and sunset from different locations. The next stop on your tour is Khajuraho, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is famous for its magnificent temples famous for their intricate and erotic carvings. Nearby Khajuraho, visit Panna National Park. The landscape of this rocky and uneven terrain is covered by scrubby vegetation and grass. Fauna of this park includes, apart from the Tiger, Wolf, Chital, Sloth Bear, Chinkara and Sambhar.
It’s then out of the city and into the wild at Bandhavgarh National Park. You’ll spend two full days tracking these beautiful animals and exploring the park, filled with crumbling ruins, herds of deer and flocks of colourful birds. When you’re not out on game drives, your luxury nature resort is the perfect place to relax with a book, take a dip in the pool or dine out under the stars.
Arrival in Delhi
- Arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Transfer to your Hotel. Check-in and overnight in Delhi.
- Today, after breakfast, visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort
- Explore the bustling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices, but is also a very popular tourist destination. To watch how spices of different colours, aroma and flavours are loaded by rusty hands, carried and unloaded – is a magical marvel in itself.
- Visit Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi memorial and Drive pass India Gate and Govt Buildings (President’s house and Secretariat Houses)
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
Delhi –Varanasi (Flight)
- On time, transfer to airport to board flight to Varanasi.
- On arrival in Varanasi, transfer to Hotel.
- Evening at leisure. Overnight in Hotel.
- Rise very early this morning to experience the life of this ancient city. See the beauty of the rising sun on the boat ride on the holy river Ganges.
- Experience the early morning rituals of the Hindus being performed, thousands of people taking a bath in the holy river and offering flowers and holy water to the Sun God.
- After breakfast, excursion trip to Sarnath. Explore the deer park in Sarnath where Gautama Buddha first imparted knowledge regarding Dharma and Karma.
- In the evening Old City walking tour. Walk through the oldest and most famous narrow lanes of the city, past the endless human panorama – pilgrims, worshipers, sadhus, children selling flowers and floating lights to place in the river – to arrive at the Ghats at the Ganges to witness the Aarti Ceremony which is part of the evening pooja or prayers.
- During the ceremony deepas (oil lamps) are offered to Mother Ganga with thanks and devotion for the light of the sun and for her divine light. As the fire ceremony take place, bells are rung and chanting and singing provide a fascinating, magical and spiritual conclusion to the day’s end. Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Varanasi- Jaipur (flight)
- Morning at leisure. After breakfast, transfer to the airport to board flight to Varanasi.
- On arrival, transfer to Hotel.
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant while being entertained by local folk dancers. Overnight in Hotel.
Jaipur- The Pink City
- After breakfast, the tour will start with photo stop at Hawa Mahal. Enjoy an Elephant ride at Amber palace. Later visit Amber Fort.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Later visit Jantar Mantar. This UNESCO World heritage site will amaze visitors for its several astronomical and astrological tools used by researchers of ancient India.
- You can experience the carpet weaving, the block printing demonstration and the Turban wearing which plays a vital role in the Rajasthani life.
- Overnight in Hotel.
- Early morning jungle safari game drives in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. Explore the deep jungles of the Ranthambore National Park on an open roof vehicle, tracking for tigers. This mission lasts for around three hours, and then you return back to the hotel for breakfast.
- Spend the rest of the morning relaxing in the comfort of the hotel.
- In afternoon, another jungle safari continues into the Ranthambore National Park for wildlife viewing.
- Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Jaipur- Ranthambore (160 kms/4 hrs)
- After breakfast and check-out, drive to Ranthambore.
- On arrival, check-in at Hotel.
- After lunch, evening jungle safari games drive in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. Back to Hotel.
- Dinner and overnight in Hotel
Ranthambore- Bharatpur (Train/ 2.5 hrs) -Agra (65 Kms/ 1.5 hrs)
- Early morning jungle safari game drives in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve.
- Return to Hotel. After breakfast and check-out, board train to Bharatpur.
- On arrival, greeted and assisted to the coach by our Representative. Drive to Agra. Check- in the hotel.
- If time permits, photo shoots of Taj Mahal from a vantage point.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal. Our photography guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best sites for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal is as fulfilling as possible.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- In evening, visit Tomb of Itmad-ud-daula, known as Baby Taj. Later visit Mehtab Bagh, the famous garden overseeing the Taj Mahal located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- Overnight in Hotel.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
Agra – Jhansi- Orcha- Khajuraho (train + drive)
- After early breakfast, transfer to the railway station to connect train Bhopal Shatabadi – 0817 / 1048 Hrs to Jhansi.
- On arrival, visit temples of Orcha.
- Later continue drive to Khajuraho. Khajuraho is the home to the most famous erotic temples built in the 10 & 11th century by the Chandella Rulers. On arrival in Khajuraho check in at the hotel.
- Overnight in the hotel.
- Visit The Eastern Group of temples and Western Group of temples, which consist of a group of artistic temples, built in sandstone. The sculptures of Hindu deities, dancers and musicians appear to be so natural as if they would come alive any time.
- Evening safari in Panna Tiger Reserve.
- In evening, relax at Hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
Khajuraho- Bandhavgarh (226 kms/ 5.5 hrs)
- After breakfast, drive to Bandhavgarh. On arrival, transferred to your Resort.
- Evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Morning and Evening safari
- Wake up call and Hi-Tea before leaving for game drive.
- Packed breakfast, served in forest during break.
- 4.5 hrs game drive.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in the comfort of the hotel.
- In afternoon, after lunch another jungle safari continues into the Bandhavgarh National Park for wildlife viewing.
- Afternoon safari last for 3 hrs approx.
- Hi-Tea after returning from afternoon safari.
- Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Morning and Evening safari
- Schedule same as Day 2
Day 16- Bandhavgarh- Jabalpur- Delhi/ Mumbai
- After rising early consecutively from last 2 days, will keep our last morning easy. Still options are open if anyone wants to make another visit in forest.
- After breakfast you will be driven to Jabalpur Airport for onward Journey. Departure at Jabalpur airport.
End of The Service
Deluxe package- 2895 USD price per person
Standard package – 2375 USD price per person
- Flight supplement for Delhi- Varanasi and Varanasi- Jaipur is 235 USD per person (rates depends on time of booking)
- Prices are in USD, Per Person, based on double occupancy.
- Prices mentioned are for Private Tour except shared Jeep Safari in Ranthambore.
- Also available customised tours and private jeep safaris in Ranthambore.
All the Photos are clicked by our Co- Founder Harsh Agarwal.
All rights reserved worldwide. This image may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without a prior written permission from the copyright holder.
- 15 nights’ accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking local Tour guides.
- Rickshaw ride in Delhi.
- Elephant ride in Jaipur.
- 3 Game drives in open Jeep on sharing basis in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. (Can be upgraded to private safari on additional cost depending on availability)
- All meals in Ranthambore and Bandhavgarh Hotel.
- 1 Game drive in Panna and 4 Game drives in Bandhavgarh in open jeep on private basis.
- Train from Agra to Jhansi in air conditioned coach.
- Entrances to monuments.
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Government Service tax.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
|Jaipur||Trident/Similar||WelcomHeritage Traditional Haveli|
|Ranthambore||Ranthambore Regency/ Similar||Jungle View Resort/ Similar|
|Agra||Trident/Similar||Atulyaa Taj/ Similar|
|Khajuraho||Radisson/ Similar||Ramada/ Similar|
|Bandhavgarh||Nature Heritage Resort/ Similar||Nature Heritage Resort/ Similar|