Kerala Tour – God’s Own Country
Kerala Tour - God's Own Country
11 Days/10 Nights - South India
Kochi (Cochin) - Alleppey - Kumarakom - Munnar - Thekkady - Periyar - Kovalam
Experience the mesmerizing beauty of South India and backwaters with our thoughtfully designed Kerala tour packages. Explore the vibrant culture, awe-inspiring landscapes, and tranquil backwaters of this enchanting destination known as God’s Own Country. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or cultural immersion, our Kerala tour packages offer a perfect blend of experiences to create unforgettable memories.
For many travelers, Kerala is South India’s most serenely beautiful state. This slender coastal strip is defined by its layered landscape: almost 600 km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and beaches; a languid network of glistening backwaters; and the spice- and tea-covered hills of the Western Ghats, dotted with fiercely protected wildlife reserves and cool hill stations such as Munnar. Just setting foot on this swathe of soul-soothing, palm-shaded green will slow your subcontinental stride to a blissed-out amble. Kerala is a world away from the frenzy of the rest of India, its long, fascinating backstory illuminated by historically evocative cities like Kochi (Cochin) and Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum).
Architectural marvels of the first European settlements, the most scenic and picturesque backwater, serene beaches, tea plantations, and wildlife make Kerala in South India, a perfect travel destination. This travel will take you to Chinese Fishing Nets and the Jew Town of Cochin, famous backwater and traditional rice boats cruising through the canals and lakes in Alleppey and Kumarakom, Tea plantations on slopes of Munnar, wild-life and spice plantations in Periyar and pristine beaches of Kovalam. Rejuvenate yourself when you experience a traditional Ayurvedic massage in the land of Kerala where Ayurveda originated.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary. We will happily customize a travel plan for your specific preferences and the number of days available.
Tour Package Cost
4 (*) Hotel
5 (*) Hotel
Get a free quote.
- Prices are in USD, Per Person, based on double occupancy.
- Also available customized tours
Highlights of Kerala Tour
- Explore the Backwaters of Alleppey in a houseboat.
- Experience the Wildlife at Periyar National Park.
- Visit the Hill Stations of Munnar famous for tea plantations.
- Discover the Historical Sites of Kochi (Cochin)and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Indulge in Ayurvedic Treatments and Relaxation.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1 – Kochi | Arrival.
Day 2 – Kochi| Explore Fort Kochi and Kathakali Dance
Day 3 – Kochi – Alleppey| Leisure in Houseboat
Day 4- Alleppey – Kumarakom | Backwaters of Kerala at Vembanad Lake
Day 5 – Kumarakom – Munnar | Tea Plantations and Hill Estates
Day 6 – Munnar – Thekkady | Spice Plantations
Day 7 – Thekkady | Boat ride at Periyar National Park
Day 8 – Thekkady – Kovalam | Temples of Thiruvananthapuram
Day 9 – Kovalam | Beaches and Relaxation
Day 10 – Kovalam – Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum Airport) | Departure
Kerala Tour | Arrival at Kochi
- Arrival at the International Airport in Kochi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Transfer to your Hotel. Check-in and overnight in Hotel.
Kerala Tour | Kochi Full-day Sightseeing
- After breakfast at the hotel, spend the day in the first European township in India-Fort Cochin.
- A walk through the streets of Fort Kochi will transport you to the different time periods of Arabs, Chinese, and Europeans who all occupied this.
- Visit Chinese Fishing Nets which were brought to Cochin by Chinese traveler Zheng 500 years before, these fishing nets are the most scenic and photographed during sunrise and sunset.
- Also, visit Mattancherry Palace or Dutch Palace built and gifted by the Portuguese as a present to the king of Cochin around 1555 AD.
- Francis Church Or Church of Vasco-Da-Gama in Fort Kochi is another historical site and is one of the oldest European churches in India was built in 1503 AD. Great Portuguese explorer Vasco-da-Gama was originally buried here before his remains were taken to Lisbon.
- Jewish Synagogue in Cochin is an active synagogue of the Jewish community in India. This Jewish synagogue built in 1568 AD in the Jew Town of Cochin attracts numerous visitors.
- In the evening enjoy a Kathakali dance performance. Witness the process of make-up before the dance performance where-in the artist with face painted in different colors brought stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata to spectators.
- Overnight at hotel.
*Dutch palace and Synagogue will be closed on Friday and Saturday
Kerala Tour | Kochi – Alleppey (60 km/1.5 hr)
- After Breakfast depart from the hotel and drive through the beautiful landscape to reach the paradise of backwaters, Alleppeyto board a houseboat which is a modern transformation of traditional Kettuvalloms (rice boats).
- While the chef on board cooks traditional Kerala food, cruise through various canals and observe the life in small villages on the shores of canals.
- Experience the daily lives of the locals from the decks of a houseboat. Pass women washing their clothes in the river and farmers bathing their buffalo; watch as fishermen and vegetable sellers go from house to house by boat selling their wares; pass villagers standing up to their necks in water gossiping with their neighbor. Enjoying a famous backwater from an air-conditioned houseboat is a lifetime experience.
- Enjoy tasty local meals as the boat drifts along and watch as the sun sets over the ever-changing scenery before retiring to your cabin to be lulled to sleep by the gently lapping water (Overnight onboard House Boat) (Full board basis)
Kerala Tour | Alleppey – Kumarakom (35km/1 hr)
- After breakfast, disembark from the houseboat and drive for an hour to Kumarakom, a small village in an enchanting and beautiful destination in the backwaters.
- Full day free to relax at your resort in backwater. Walk through the narrow canals or just take a fisherman’s boat to cruise through the canals amidst the massive coconut trees on the shores.
- Learn about butterflies from the in-house naturalist or just rejuvenate yourself with an authentic Ayurveda massage.
- In the evening, take a sunset cruise in Vembanad Lake, the biggest lake in Kerala. Overnight at hotel.
Kerala Tour | Kumarakom- Munnar (165 kms/4.5 hrs)
- After your breakfast, drive to Munnar, through the winding roads on the rolling hills with lush green tea plantations.
- Arrive in Munnar and check in at your hotel.
- Later in the afternoon, take a tea plantation tour to know all about tea. Also, visit a Tea Museum and Tea factory.
- Overnight at hotel.
Kerala Tour | Munnar- Thekkady (85 km/ 2 hrs)
- After breakfast, spend the time walking through the tea plantation.
- Later after lunch, drive to Thekkady. Drive through the scenic forests into the countryside, where rubber trees grow and spices are cultivated. Cardamom Hills is home to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, a reserve on the Kerala/Tamil Nadu border which is surrounded by tea and spice plantations. Lush forest, with a vast lake at its heart, is home to many indigenous animals.
- Evening Visit Kalari show – The Shaolin monks have made their disciplined displays of Kung Fu world-famous, but few know that their art was learned from Bodhi Dharma, an Indian monk who was a Kalaripayattu master.
Kerala Tour | Thekkady – Periyar National Park
- In the morning, embark on a Boat safari for the chance to cruise the lake at the heart of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. From the tranquility of the lake, enjoy the lush scenery all around you and keep a lookout for animals that may come down to the water’s edge – maybe a family of elephants, a scurrying Wild Boar, or the magnificent Sambar Deer.
- Late afternoon visit spice plantations, the Cardamom Hills are the ideal location to explore a garden where spices and other aromatic plants are grown. Overnight in Thekkady
- Optional visit- Visit an elephant farm and know about the training and habits of elephants. Take an elephant ride through the villages and finally give a shower to an elephant.
- Overnight at Hotel.
Kerala Tour | Thekkady- Kovalam Beach en-route visiting temples at Thiruvananthapuram (225 Kms / 5 Hours)
- After breakfast at your hotel, drive to Kovalam Beach. En-route visit the famous Padamanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum).
- Later drive to Kovalam(30kms ) and check in and overnight at the hotel.
Kerala Tour | Kovalam
- After breakfast at your hotel, spend the whole day on the beach.
- Day at leisure.
- Overnight at hotel.
Kerala Tour | Kovalam- Trivandrum- Departure (80 km/ 2.5 hrs)
- After breakfast, transfer to Trivandrum airport to connect flight to Kochi or onward journey.
- 09 nights’ accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by air-conditioned vehicle with English-speaking Chauffer.
- Services of English-speaking Tour Guides at Cochin.
- Entrances to monuments
- All meals in Houseboat in Alleppey
- Kathakali dance show tickets
- Guided Spice Plantation tour
- Tea Plantation Tour
- Boat ride in Thekkady
- Kalari show in Thekkady
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Government Service tax.
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers, and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included