14 DAYS / 13 NIGHTS – INDIA
DELHI – LEH- NUBRA- DISKIT-SHAKTI VILLAGE-TSOKAR-
TSOMORIRI LAKE –THIKSEY -LAMAYURU-LEH- DELHI
Indian Maharaja Tours has specially designed the exclusive Ladakh photography tour for people who wish to immerse themselves into the land of snow-covered elevations. Our Ladakh photo Tour will take our travellers from Delhi to Leh, Diskit to Sakti Village, Tsokar to Tsomoriri Lake, Thiksey to Lamayuru-Leh – covering all the key locations of Leh and Ladakh. Our experts at Indian Maharaja Tours also make sure to take our travellers to the note worthy Buddhist monasteries in the region. Of course, visiting the stunning Zanskar lake in Ladakh is also a must. Our measured approach has made our Ladakh photo Tour package highly coveted by all.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1 – Delhi | Arrival
Day 2 & 3- Leh| Monasteries
Day 4 & 5- Nubra Valley | Disket Monastery
Day 6 – Sakti Village | Day at leisure
Day 7 – Tsokar | Landscapes
Day 8 – Tsomoriri | Landscapes
Day 9 – Thiksey | Monastery
Day 10 & 11 – Lamayuru | Monastery
Day 12 – Leh | City walk
Day 13- Delhi | Arrival
Day 14 – Delhi | Departure
- Early morning transfers to airport to board flight for Leh.
- On your arrival at Leh airport, transfer to Hotel in Leh City.
- Day at leisure, to acclimatize yourself.
- In the evening, a stroll along the main bazaar, observing the varied crowd and peering into the curio shops, is an entrancing experience.
- Welcome dinner in the evening.
Discover Ladakh with Camera
- Ladakh Photography Tour starts from Leh sightseeing.
- Early in the morning, we will visit the Spituk monastery – Matho monastery – Hemis monastery – Shanti Stupa.
- Spituk Monastery was built in the 11th century to help develop an exemplary religious community in Ladakh.
- Matho Monastery or Matho Gonpa is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery located 26 kilometres southeast of Leh in Ladakh.
- Hemis Monastery is revered as the largest monastic institution in Ladakh. The monastery has more than 200 branches with more than 1,000 monks in the Himalayan region.
- Shanti Stupa- Evening we visit Shanti Stupa at Sun Set time. A magnificent white-domed structure, The Japanese for World Peace built the Shanti Stupa, at Changspa, on the hilltop, and was inaugurated by Dalai Lama in 1985. From there one can see the nice spectacular view of Leh town. The stupa looks best at night when it is beautifully illuminated with glittering lights. Late evening Photography at Shanti Stupa.
- Back to Hotel & Dinner.
Leh- Nubra via Khardungla (170 Kms/5 hrs) Hunder- Diskit
- Having gotten used to 10,000+ feet heights, we will now head towards the highest point that we will ever reach during the tour. Be ready to see the mountains capes as you have never seen before.
- We will continue driving past Khardung La and descend on the other side at Nubra, known for its wide valley, green landscapes, a gushing river, gentle streams, lush agrarian landscapes and shepherds herding their sheep in the evening hours.
- There is more! In these mountain landscapes with greenery unusual for Ladakh, you will also see a stretch of white-sand dunes that springs a sudden surprise.
- See Bactrian Camels roaming the Sea buckthorn jungles of Nubra. It is going to be a pleasant evening today in Nubra, amidst the greenery at the river bed and a beautiful sunset.
- Dinner and stay in Diskit.
Nubra Valley – Sakti Village via Warila (160 Kms/ 05 Hrs)
- In time drive to Shakti village via Wari La.
- On Arrival, check in at Guesthouse.
- Shakti village is a large village situated 40km west of Leh along the Indus valley at the confluence of the Zanskar and Indus rivers. The village is characterized by impressive mountain scenery, and is considered exceptionally fertile in Ladakhi terms – lush green fields and apricot, apple, and walnut orchards abound. Rest day at leisure in Shakti village.
Sakti Village- TSokar (195 kms/ 6 hrs)
- After breakfast, we will drive to the incredible lake, but this one is a salt lake called Tso Kar.
- Tso Kar is also home to nomadic people, some of whom have made their base at the remote Thukje Village where we will be staying. The residents of this village take their cattle out to graze on the Morae plains during the summer and then they retreat to Thukje in the winter. Both of these incredible lakes are not only home to nomadic tribespeople but also wonderful Himalayan wildlife like Kiangs.
Tsokar- Tsomoriri (110 Kms/ 03 hrs)
- Today we will drive from high altitude pastoral areas of Tso Moriri. Enroute we will stop to visit nomadic herders and sightseeing in tiny villages.
- Tso Moriri Lake in the Changthang region of Ladakh is one of the most beautiful, calm and sacred (for Ladakhis) high altitude lakes in India. The beautiful multi shades of blue colour offered by this lake, along with a picturesque landscape around it, gives this place an extremely romantic and breath-taking feel. However, in actual reality the place is extremely harsh and difficult to survive especially in winters.
Tsomoriri Lake- Thiksey (202 Kms/5 hrs)
- Early morning shoot at Tsomoriri Lake.
- Today we will drive to Thiksey via Mahe bridge and Chumathang hot spring on way.
- On arrival, check-in at the hotel. Day at leisure.
- Apart from visiting the monastery, one can also find some rare and precious stupas, statues, thangkas, wall paintings and swords in the monastery.
Thiksey- Lamayuru (145 kms/ 5 hrs)
- Early morning, visit Thiksey monastery. Due to its proximity to Leh, the morning prayer at the monastery attracts huge crowds. The monastery offers a clear view of the Indus Valley and some monastery like Shey, Stok and Matho can also be seen from here.
- After breakfast, drive to Lamayuru. Lamayuru is one of the largest and oldest gompas in Ladakh. Lamayuru is famous for moon-like landscape similar to lunar terrain.
- Check-in at Hotel. Day at leisure. After dinner, it’s an ideal place to shoot Milky Way.
- Enjoy your stay in Lamayuru monastery.
Lamayuru- Leh ( 145 Kms/ 5 hrs)
- After breakfast, drive to Leh.
- Enroute visit Alchi monastery. Renowned as the oldest Buddhist learning centre in Ladakh, Alchi Monastery is located 70 km from Leh on the bank of Indus River.Villagers of Alchi are quite traditional and staunch believers in their culture, so that makes the village a cultural site too.
- Later visit the confluence point of Zanskar and Indus River. Zanskar river is shiny blue in colour, on the other hand Indus looks a little green. Zanskar meets Indus in Nimmu valley from the north-east. This is a scenic view for the visitors and they find it fascinating to mark both the rivers even after their confluence.
- Later drive to Leh. On arrival, check-in at hotel.
- Early morning departure at the airport.
- On arrival at Delhi airport, transfer to Hotel for overnight stay.
- Day at leisure.
Want to Apply for India Visa ? Click here
- 13 Nights accommodation at listed hotels or similar
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (Full board basis)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle in Delhi for arrivals and departures.
- Private non-airconditioned vehicle during the tour in Ladakh
- All activities and visits specified in the itinerary
- English speaking guide.
- Unlimited bottles of mineral water.
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Camera fees and video fees, wherever applicable.
- All permits a) Monastery Entrance Fee (M.E.F) b) Inner line permit (I.L.P)
- All service tax (GST) included.
- Internal flights as mentioned- Delhi-Leh-Delhi
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Clothing of personal nature like trek shoes, kit bags, day packs, sleeping bags, down jackets and other special clothing’s etc.
- Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
- All the arrangements for trip as preplanned and prepaid. In case of not completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any unutilized services. Any extra expense due to the same has to be paid extra.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Visa fees and Airport taxes
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included
Date & Price Details
Price per person/
4-8 pax 8- 11 PAX Package – – Flight Supplement – Single Room supplement –