Vietnam Photo Tour
Vietnam Photo Tour - Hidden Charms of Vietnam
15 Days/ 14 Nights
August 21- September 4, 2023
August 19- September 02, 2024
Hanoi – Hue – Hoi An – Khanh Hoa – Phan Rang – Hanoi – Ninh Binh - Long Coc – Mu Cang Chai – Sapa – Hanoi
Join “Indian Maharaja Tours” on the most comprehensive Vietnam Photo Tour – The Hidden Charms of Vietnam. Duo Harsh and Arti travelled extensively in Vietnam and have put together an itinerary that features off-the-beaten-path gems.
Vietnam photo tour offers a mix of historical and cultural attractions in idyllic settings. North of the country, we will visit the amazing hill tribes and rice farmers. In the Center, we will spend time in fishermen’s villages, and in the South, we will explore pristine beaches and untouched islets.
In the Vietnam Photo tour, you will shoot landscapes, environmental portraits, and street life. August and September are a great time to travel to Vietnam, as the rice terraces are carpeted with green, yellow, and orange shades and the local tribes can be seen working in fields. Occasional rain will add to the mood.
Whether you are a landscape photographer, street photographer, beginner or an avid photographer, what you will experience in the Vietnam Photo tour with Indian Maharaja Tours is Authenticity. Arti, the logistician, handpicked local guides, hotels, restaurants, and locations. Harsh, the photographer, scouted the places so you are there at the right time for the best possible light. He will help you in making the best frames as well as spare time one-on-one teaching to answer your specific questions.
You will return home with the “feel” of the place, breath-taking images, and memories that last a lifetime—looking forward to hosting you in Vietnam!
This Vietnam Photo tour will be led by Harsh Agarwal.
You can see some of his personal work on his page. harshtravelphotography.com “
Highlights of your journey
- Street photography in the old quarters of Hanoi and on Train Street.
- Visit some famous craft villages in Vietnam to see the weaving of bamboo fish baskets, incense making, hat making, and traditional villages.
- Multiple photoshoots of professional models wearing Ao dai, the traditional dress of Vietnam, in the ancient Temple of Literature in Hanoi, the Imperial City of Hue, and Hoi An.
- Fishing villages in Hue and Hoi An to capture fishermen’s daily routine.
- The drive from Hue to Hoi An follows the spectacular Hai Van pass.
- The UNESCO World Heritage site of Old Hoi An – an alluring old town with its colorful markets and streets.
- Sunrise photoshoot on the picturesque salt fields of Khanh Hoa
- Explore the vanishing Cham culture and sand dunes of Phan Rang.
- Explore Trang An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site consisting of numerous wetlands and water caves.
- Drive into the tea hills of Long Coc and stay in a Muong village homestay.
- The incredible northern mountains of Vietnam, are home to seemingly endless rice terraces and colourful tribal and ethnic communities who are still living in their traditional ways.
- Stay in boutique accommodations and savour Vietnamese cuisine and socialize with the warm-hearted & friendly people of Vietnam.
- Cruise in Vietnam’s iconic landmark of Halong Bay—amid limestone crasts in emerald waters.
- 24 x 07 IMT on Call support.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1: Welcome to Hanoi. Evening photo tour of Old Quarter and Streets
Day 2: Hanoi- Bamboo fish basket making. Flight to Hue.
Day 3: Hue – Fishermen and Emperor
Day 4: Imperial City of Hue with Ao Dai Models. Drive to Hoi An
Day 5: Fishing Village and City of Lanterns with Ao Dai Models
Day 6: Streets of Hanoi. Flight to Nha Trang. Stay near Doc let beach.
Day 7: Salt fields of Khanh Hoa and Sand dunes of Phan Rang
Day 8: Vanishing Cham tribe. Flight to Hanoi.
Day 9: Temple of literature with Ao Dai Models. Drive Ninh Binh. Visit Trang An.
Day 10: Incense making and traditional village of Duong lam- Drive to Long Coc.
Day 11: Tea Hills of Long Coc to Rice terraces of Mu Cang Chai.
Day 12: Mu Cang Chai – Sapa- Ta van.
Day 13: Tribal market. Drive to Hanoi.
Day 14: Hanoi- Halong Bay Cruise
Day 15: Halong Bay- Hanoi. Departure
Vietnam Photo tour: Hanoi arrival. Welcome to Vietnam.
- Arrival at Noi Boi (Hanoi) airport. Our representative will assist you with the coach. Transfer to your hotel in Hanoi. On arrival, check in Hotel. Day at leisure.
- Meet your Photography Tour Guide and local tour guide and fellow travellers for a tour briefing at 3.00 pm at the hotel.
- Late afternoon, street shoots in the Old Town of Hanoi and Train Street of Hanoi.
- At sundowner, we will set up high-angle street views on tripods, to capture the twilight and blur of traffic. Following the shoot, we will have our first taste of authentic Vietnamese Welcome Dinner. Overnight in Hotel.
Vietnam Photo tour: Morning Photo Tour of Handicraft Village. Flight to Hue.
- The Old Town’s charm, the hidden cafés and pubs, and the mouthwatering food are enough to start an interesting day in Hanoi. After a delicious breakfast, where you can savour some of the scrumptious Vietnamese breakfast, check out from the Hotel.
- Later we will visit a local village known for weaving bamboo baskets used for fish traps and in households. We will have opportunities to photograph the locals especially old women making bamboo In this village, you can capture the beauty of rural scenery and culture. By late afternoon, we will leave for the airport in Hanoi for a short flight to Hue.
- After check-in in Hotel in Hue, the evening is at leisure, or we can go out to enjoy the street life of Hue.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Hue – Fishermen and Emperor
- Start your day before sunrise, to capture fishermen casting their colourful nets and other activities related to their daily routine.
- After breakfast, explore the extraordinary history of the last Vietnamese emperors at the magnificent tomb of The Emperor Tu Duc (or Minh Mang Emperor’s tomb).
- Later head to Thien Mu Pagoda and monastery.
- In the evening, we will arrange a grand setting near the Perfume River. Capture photos of Ao dai models sailing in a boat and praying while floating paper lanterns into the perfume river.
Vietnam Photo Tour: The Imperial City of Hue. Hue-Hoi An
- Sunrise photo shoot at Tam Giang Lagoon and surrounding villages. It offers a breathtaking view when the sun rises, and little fishing boats return to shore to sell their catch after spending the night on the lagoon.
- Post breakfast, visit the majestic grounds of the Imperial City with professional models dressed in traditional Ao Dai. It is the ideal location to capture the grace and elegance of the women wearing their Ao Dai because of its ancient architecture.
- This is the ideal location for the photo shoot of models, a perfect setting as you see in a fashion or travel magazine. After the shoot is over, you have the rest of the morning free to explore the ancient city of Hue.
- After lunch, we will drive from Hue to Hoi An following the spectacular Hai Van pass. One of the world’s greatest coastal stretches, this mountain pass offers amazing views. We can see mountains covered in jungle descending into the lake, carving down waterfalls and creating desolate bays.
- Arrive in Hoi An and proceed to the old town to see the historic Japanese Bridge.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Hoi An- Fishing Village and Old Town
- Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, used to be one of Southeast Asia’s busiest ports, and it was ruled by the Champa Dynasty from the 15th to the 19th century.
- We’ll go to one of the nearby fishing villages, where nets will be squirming with sparkling silver fish, in the golden light of the morning sun.
- Visit a vibrant and colourful local morning market en route back to town.
- In the afternoon, we will photo shoot with the “áo dài” model at a small farming village as well as in Hoi an old town.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Flight to Nha Trang – White Sand and Crystal Blue water
- Sunrise shoot in the old town of Hoi An. Great opportunities for street photography.
- After breakfast, drive to Da Nang for a short flight to the seaside resort in Nha Trang.
- After lunch, enjoy a scenic drive north from Nha Trang to Doc Let- unspoiled beauty with silky white sand and crystal-clear water.
- This afternoon, feel free to explore the beach and capture the surroundings on your own. Have an early night to prepare for the exciting shoots the next day.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Khanh Hoa- Largest salt fields of Vietnam and Phan rang – Sea of sand dunes
- The salt fields at Khanh Hoa are among the most picturesque in the world. We will reach the salt fields before sunrise. The bright sunlight shines down on the clear surface of the water, highlighting each little, delicate crystal of salt like the tiny gems of the natural sea.
- The landscape and scene of workers loading and unloading salt baskets and reflecting pools are a great subjects for showing your photography skills.
- Back to the hotel. Day at leisure.
- In the afternoon, we will witness another great scene of Vietnam, with vast sand dunes of the now vanishing tribe of Cham people.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Phan Rang- Vanishing Tribe of Cham. Flight to Hanoi.
- The highlight of the day is a spectacular fishing net weaving and mending in the local village. It looks like a sea of blue and green fishing nets dotted with tiny workers. Explore the Cham culture at Phan Rang. During the photo shoot, we will meet a lovely Cham family to experience their gracious hospitality and interact with their daughter known for her exceptional blue eyes.
- We will fly back to Hanoi in the afternoon. If time allows, we will take some more sessions of street photography in the old town of Hanoi.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Hanoi- Ninh Binh – Trang An
- Today we will shoot at the Temple of Literature with models dressed in the traditional Vietnamese Ao Dai. A perfect contrast of the elegance of women with vibrant colors of ancient architecture.
- After breakfast, drive to Ninh Binh which is known as “Ha Long among the rice paddies”, the impressive limestone structures and green rice fields form the amazing landscape.
- Explore Trang An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, consisting of numerous wetlands and water caves. Enjoy a boat trip through the caves and experience the feeling of thrill and admire the strange shapes in the caves when the boat enters the deep grottoes.
- Evening at leisure to explore the town at your own pace.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Ninh Binh- Incense-making village- Endless tea hills of Long Coc
- Today we will continue our travel to north Vietnam, a region known for its breathtaking views.
- We will photo shoot at a colourful and vibrant incense-making village on the outskirts of the city.
- We will continue to the ancient village of Duong Lam for lunch. Duong Lam is a perfect example of an ancient rural Vietnamese village.
- We will continue our drive on the route to Long Coc’s breathtaking tea fields. We will photograph the almost surreal landscapes, with the local Muong ethnic community.
- The day ends beautifully at our charming Muong Village Homestay where we will have our delicious home-cook meal.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Tea Hills of Long Coc- Rice fields of Mu Cang Chai
- Capture the spectacular sunrise over the endless tea hill. When it comes to the right season, the hills are blanketed by fog and become a photographer’s dream.
- After spending some time here, we will move on to the most stunning rice terrace in the country, Mu Cang Chai, which is cultivated by H’Mong, Red Dzao (Dao), Nung, and Tay tribes.
- The second location for the shoot today is at the most breathtaking rice terrace valleys. After dinner, we’ll head back to our homestay while enjoying the breathtaking view of the valley.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Mu Cang Chai- Sapa- Ta van
- This morning, we will drive to the second location known for the beautiful rice terrace to capture the view from different angles. The shoot will be done in multiple settings with and without Black H’Mong or/ and Red Dzao people on the fields.
- We will continue our drive to Sapa through incredibly beautiful mountain scenery. We will stop at some beautiful places for several outstanding landscape shoots and visit some villages along the way.
- Lunch in the town of Sapa with the breathtaking view of Sapa Lake.
- We will stay in Ta Van village, hidden in the foggy clouds, with beautiful rice fields and a natural ecosystem.
- Interact with the local ethnic communities mostly Black Hmong. If weather permits, visit Indigo workers in Ta Van Village. Dinner and stay in our homestay.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Ta van Village- Tribal Market – Hanoi
- Morning session at Ta van village with Black Hmong tribe. Walk around the village for some candid shots.
- After breakfast, drive to Can Cau Saturday market or the Bac Ha Sunday market.
- We will have the opportunity to shoot this market which is only conducted once a week by the tribe people here in Can Cau/Bac Ha. Ethnic communities from nearby villages come here to buy and sell unique fruits, vegetables, textiles, goats, pigs, buffalo, and much more, feel free to wander and discover your best street shots. The Flower Hmong, Giay, Nung, and Tay are some of the tribes present in this market.
- Late afternoon, we will continue our drive to Hanoi. Dinner and overnight in Hanoi.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Hanoi- Ha Long Bay
- After breakfast, we will drive to the beautiful Ha Long Bay.
- An overnight cruise across the magnificent Ha Long Bay and more than 3000 exquisite limestone karst islands is the highlight of our trip in Vietnam.
- Relax on this replica of the ancient junks that sailed these waters for centuries, pass through floating fishing villages in a small boat ride, and explore caves. Even though these islands are among the most visited destinations in Vietnam, no journey to Vietnam would be complete without taking pictures of these iconic landscapes.
- Dinner and overnight in Cruise.
Vietnam Photo Tour: Halong Bay- Hanoi Airport- Departure
- Watch the magnificent sunrise from the cruise in Halong Bay. You can take traditional Tai Chi classes on board.
- Then return to the mainland by boat after having brunch. Transfer from Halong Harbour to Hanoi and then to the airport for your departure flight.
End of the services.
Tour Package Cost
Group Size – 4-8 participants
Price per person – $4450
Single Room supplement – $765
- 15 nights’ accommodation sharing twin rooms at 4 * hotels and boutique homestays (in North Vietnam) mentioned in the itinerary.
- All meals included.
- Ground transportation in an air –conditioner Minivan/Bus accompanied by Photography Tour leader and English-speaking Vietnamese Tour Guide.
- In-country flights.
- Entrance fees, camera fees and setup and photo session fees for all sites mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Photo sessions with professional Ao Dai models, local models and village donations.
- Unlimited packaged drinking water in coach.
- Visa approval letter (if needed)
- International flights to/from Vietnam
- Bank fees and deductions (if incurred)
- Visa stamp fee at the arrival airport ($25/pax in Vietnam and $30/pax in Cambodia)
- Drinks not included with meals at hotel &
- Any expenditure of personal nature such as tips, drinks, telephone charges, laundry etc.
- Early/late check in/out service at hotels (surcharge if request)
- Tips/ Gratuities for hotel’s porters, drivers or local guide
- All other services which are not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any airport taxes, visa fees and travel insurance.
- Any new tax imposed by the Government.